Top 20 Best Free Plagiarism Checker Tools [Updated 2018]
Do you want some best free plagiarism checker to authenticate your data?
So, are you trying to check the authenticity of your content via some tools?
Let me first explain that why it is important for you.
Actually, you’re a blogger and you want to hire a content writer or you want some other one or any company to write it for you.
You want to rank your website higher and plagiarism is the important thing you need to measure your content. To do that, you have to check your content’s similarity with other content.
When they’re done with writing and give it to you, now you want to check if this is unique or not. You want to check whether the content they have written for you is plagiarized/copied or not.
You suspect that it could be plagiarized and could damage your website ranking due to strict Google Policies. So, you want to check for plagiarism and need some plagiarism checker tool.
Apart from Bloggers, it is also a need of Teachers these days. Teachers have to check and validate the assignments of their students for originality and uniqueness. They have to detect the assignments to test whether their students have worked by themselves or they have copied someone else’ work. They need to check the uniqueness to ensure the transparent examining system.
I have also put some paid tools in this list for your interest. Let’s have a look at what is plagiarism and how it can impair our works.
What is Plagiarism?
Plagiarism is something stealing the idea of other and lie for it afterward. Commonly, it is said that “Stealing” and “Copying” anything that’s someone other’s property is known as Plagiarism.
According to an online dictionary, Plagiarism is:
- an act or instance of using or closely imitating the language and thoughts of another author without authorization and the representation of that author’s work as one’s own, as by not crediting the original author
- a piece of writing or other work reflecting such unauthorized use or imitation
In short, Plagiarism is an act of fraud to someone else’s work.
List of Top 20 Best Free Plagiarism Checker Tools:
So, today topic is all about how to avoid plagiarism by using some helpful tools. Let’s start without wasting more time.
I have collected a list of some best plagiarism detection tools. Let us have a look at them:
- Plagiarism Checker
- Plagiarism Checker X
- Plagiarism Check
- Search Engine Reports
- Plagiarism Search
Grammarly plagiarism checker is the most popular and one of the best free plagiarism checking tools all the time. Grammarly is an instant grammar checker, and it has a plethora of features that can help you write mistake-free English no matter it is a status update or a blog post or an important school essay project. Grammarly also provides the word replacement facility according to the context.
With a free version, you can have facilities like spell check, basic grammar correction but if you buy the premium one, you can get all the facilities. You can check the Grammarly Review and get all the information about Grammarly here.
Anyway, let’s talk about its pros and cons.
- Scans 16 billion web pages and ProQuest’s databases also.
- Checks for over 400 types of grammatical mistakes.
- Automatically produce citations in MLA, APA and Chicago styles.
- Can also check Word and Outlook files.
- Provides advanced proofreader that corrects passive voice and wordy sentences.
- Provides extension for the browsers.
- Not available for Google Docs.
- Not accessed offline.
- Monthly @ $29.95/month
- Quarterly @ $19.98/month
- Annual @ $11.66/month
PaperRater is a popular and free tool to check the plagiarism or copied content. It is a tool like Grammarly. It offers three main facilities to you i.e. Grammar Check, Writing Suggestion and Plagiarism Checking.
- Provides file uploading facility for checking.
- Provides multiple file uploading technique.
- Online checker, no download is required.
- Grading system
- Very fast and reliable result that you really want.
- User-friendly tool.
- Shows annoying ads on the free trial.
- A large number of limitations in the free trial until you buy premium.
- $7,95 per month or $95,40 per year (Too much expensive for students)
- Basic @ Free
- Premium @ $7.48/month
Easy and basic plagiarism detection tool with multi-facilities that is mostly used by bloggers, students, writers, as well as literary industry.
It also offers students a so-called “Synonymizer” that will replace words with synonyms in order to fool plagiarism detection systems.
- Finds plagiarism in 190 different languages.
- Checks plagiarism from Google Books also.
- Checks file by URL also.
- Provides Firefox and Chrome extensions.
- Providing file uploading facility.
- Limit to check 5 documents per IP address per day.
- Result produced by it is not precise.
- No plans, just register yourself in order to remove restrictions.
- Plagiarism Checker
Plagiarism Checker is a free tool with smart features to check the web pages, handouts, articles and documents. It is one of the best free plagiarsim checker tools available online. It also detects the duplicate content and checks synonyms in the documents and on the web also. Let’s check for its pros and cons.
- User-friendly and free plagiarism checking tools.
- Provides detail guidelines to use the tool.
- Entirely online, no download required.
- Provides notification on your email.
- Step-by-Step using approach to find to plagiarism.
- Supports only on Google or Yahoo browsers.
- Sometimes, the loading time is too much large for larger documents.
- It is totally free, no plans at all.
It is another famous and one of the best free plagiarism checker tools, you can use to check your content on the website with another matching one. It will let you know about your content against every webpage that is published on the web.
You’ll be confident on using DupiChecker. Let’s take a look at it more.
- It’s a free tool very beneficial for SEO.
- It provides the facility of uploading documents.
- It’s very sensitive and accurate.
- Its use is very easy and quick.
- It’s very sensitive. It means that it identifies commonly-used phrases sometimes when there is no need to replace the text. Because it changes the whole sentence meaning.
- It’s not available for checking the longer documents. The limitation of checking is 1000 words.
Free to use, just register yourself in order to use all the functionalities.
Plagiarism Checker X:
Now people come across with Plagiarism Checker X, which is extremely useful and powerful tool. You can use it to detect your copied content very fast and accurate.
Many people are using it in doing their assignments, blogs, and it is the best plagiarism checker for research papers.
Let’s take a look at its pros and cons one by one.
- Very easy to use and easy to install it.
- Provides Bulk Search feature.
- Available in 7 languages.
- Available for multiple file formats.
- Sometimes, it runs slowly for larger documents.
- At some point, it misses statistical options.
- Basic @ $0.00/month
- Pro @ $39.95/lifetime
- Business @ $147.95/lifetime
Another cloud-based platform tool, by which you can easily detect your content across all the around the internet. With this, you are confident about your assignment, blog or paper that it is no more plagiarized.
Let’s check further about it.
- With it, you can easily take a picture of your physical document and put it in the app to check the plagiarism.
- Supports various file format upload option.
- Short paras and text are checked for free.
- Easy to use and no wastage of time.
- Reliable and quacking checking tool.
- You can’t use it before Sign-Up. You must register in order to use it.
- After registration, the checking limit goes for only 10 pages.
- Free @ $0.00/month
- Subscription @ $9.99/month
- Prepaid @ $11.99/month
SmallSEOTools comes with a complete package which is really helpful to the webmasters, bloggers, SEO professionals and social media marketers.
I personally use Grammarly and this plagiarism checker and recommend to all teachers, students and those who are working on their research papers and need this for their work. This is one of the best free plagiarism checker tools.
This package involves Plagiarism Checker, Keyword Rank Checker, Alexa Rank Checker, Backlink Checking tool and many more.
Let’s look out what its main tool (i.e. Plagiarism Checker) provides us.
- Provides copy/paste facility.
- Easy and quick checking tool for smaller documents.
- Supports multiple file formats.
- It can allow us to search only 1000 words per batch.
It is 100% free plagiarism detection tool.
PlagScan is a free plagiarism detection tool for both businesses and individuals that provides you a facility to check your content against the online text, journals and documents as well.
Let’s talk about its benefits and drawbacks.
- An online tool, no download required for using it.
- Provides copy/paste facility along with file importing facility.
- It can be integrated with the businesses like Content Management Systems and Learning Management Systems.
- Complicated interface, causes problems for first-time users.
- Private @ $5.99/month
- Educational @ $199/lifetime
- Business @ $17.99/month
Another fast and reliable plagiarism detection tool that can check your content with online website content by uploading a file or just copy paste the text.
Let’s take a look at its pros and cons.
- This tool is for different user groups i.e. students, teachers, publishers and site owners etc.
- After checking the text, it generates a full report of which text is to be cited.
- Supports 6 Languages.
- It doesn’t support file upload facility in the free version.
- Premium @ $7.49/month
Search Engine Reports:
Search Engine Reports is one of the best free plagiarism checker tools to check your content against the web data. This will help students and teachers to go through their documents and find the plagiarized content.
Let’s check out its features more.
- Great for writers and student for quick job
- File uploading facility is available
- Very simple way to get result from this tool
- Results showing red and green highlighting makes you easy to understand which content is unique and which is plagiarized.
- Too much time required for larger documents as the search engine is slow enough.
Free to use on the internet, no need to buy it.
Plagiarism Check is another tool to check the copied content against all the web sources i.e. papers and web pages. It is very useful software for students and teachers to help them in finding the plagiarism in their content and shows the steps to avoid that.
Let’s take a look at its pros and cons.
- Improved algorithms
- Unlimited text length
- Interactive results
- Permanent reports
- Complete privacy
- Extensions for popular web browsers
- Need to sign up before checking any document.
- Limitations in the free trial.
- Light @ $5.99/month
- Standard @ $9.99/month
- Premium @ $25.49/month
Copyscape is the most popular and best tool for checking the plagiarized content. This online tool gives you a facility to check that your document/content is original or not.
It comes in both free and premium versions. The free version has some restriction, so in order to avoid those restrictions, you have to buy premium version through credit/debit card.
It is one of the best free plagiarism checker tools available online. Let’s take a deeper look into it.
- Able to detect and prevent plagiarism content
- Quick response if it detects the plagiarism
- Copy write laws are different from place to place
- Easy way to check the plagiarism
- You have to sign up to use this tool
- If you want to check the content before publishing on the web, you have to buy its premium version
- Free @ $0.00/month
- Premium @ $0.3/search
Plagium is another best free plagiarism checker to check your plagiarized content and generates a report showing the results. It is very useful for students in doing their assignments and scholars for their papers.
Let’s check out this tool in deeper.
- File uploading facility is available for free version
- It also provides plagiarism API for production uses
- It provides quick search, deep search and file comparison facility
- It keeps all the recent record that you made on your account
- Safe and reliable software to use
- Some facilities are available for a free version, but some aren’t.
- Too much time required for larger documents
No such plans are available for this tool. But to avoid some restrictions, you have to pay money for that.
- Quick Search @ $0.04/page
- Deep Search @ $0.08/page
- File Comparison @ $0.005/page
Quetext is not much popular on the internet as this tool is new to the market. This tool can efficiently check your plagiarized content and show you report of which your content is copied and which is original.
Let’s take a look at its benefits and flaws.
- No need to register to use this tool
- Addition feature is added recently i.e. Check Grammar
- Pro version provides many more features including Deep Search, File Uploading, PDF reporting etc.
- Word-limit per search is 500 words (1 Page) in free version
- Free @ $0.00/month
- Pro @ $9.99/month
Turnitin is another great and the best plagiarism checking tool useful for students and scholars to check their document’s plagiarism. You can check your content against 26+ billion web pages, 300+ million student papers and 110k+ publications.
It is most widely used plagiarism detection tools but paid. Let’s get deeper into it.
- Very attractive interface to interact with customers
- Extra features are added recently i.e. Revision Assistant and Feedback Studio
- Extensions for the popular browsers
- Copy/paste feature is available
- Easy to use and quite reliable tool
- Very accurate result in the format of report
- Very expensive tool for the students
- Fails to uncover improperly cited text
- £25,000/Institutions per year
- $300/instructor per year
- $100/single check credit
- $3/student per check per year
iThenticate is a service offered by Plagiarism.org, but is a more accurate tool to find the plagiarized work in the content provided. It has a database of more than 31 million articles and 67k+ books/journals.
Let’s take a look at its pros and cons.
- Quite easy to understand the interface for new customers
- Quality of originality and accuracy is very good
- Can be very useful for publishers, blogger, firms and others
- Multiple documents can be uploaded at same time
- Doesn’t search for previously/recently submitted contents
- Individual Package @ $100.00/lifetime
- 3 Credit Package @ $300.00/lifetime
With this tool, you have to do just a few clicks and the plagiarized content of your document is shown up. You have to upload your document into it, and the rest of the work is done by this super tool. This is also new in the market, that’s why it is not popular against others.
Let’s take a deeper look into that.
- Very simple interface, just put your text and wait for the result
- Uses fast algorithm to detect plagiarized content against many web pages
- Free version is not too much accurate
- Free @ $0.00/month
- Premium @ $8.00/month
Plagiarism Search is the most accurate and emerging plagiarism checking tool available online. It uses multi-layer plagiarism technique to check the plagiarism against any type of file. However, it comes with different packages that will satisfy customer needs.
Let’s get deeper into it.
- Free registration to use this tool online
- Easy-to-use checker available
- An extra feature added to it, i.e. Moodle Plugin
- Very attractive interface for the users
- You have to register yourself first and you can use this tool
- Time-consuming for larger documents
- 1 Submission @ $4.95/5000 words
- Monthly Package @ $29.95/month
- Yearly Package @ $149.95/year
UniCheck is a great tool for the students who want to keep the originality in their documents. It has a simple interface, you just upload your file and wait for the result that it will produce.
Let’s take a look at it.
- Safe, secure and private tool
- User-friendly and cloud-based checker
- It uses many languages including Latin, Cyrillic and American Family languages etc.
- Generates report after uploading the document
- Only 5 pages are available to be checked in the free version
- Individuals @ $80.00/1000 pages
- Individuals @ $140.00/2000 pages
So, everything is up to you. You can opt the software of your own choice according to your needs. But if you ask me, I would really recommend Grammarly, SmallSEOTools, Quetext and Turnitin (Turitin-Premium).
SmallSEOTools and Grammarly are the best free plagiarism checker tools available online. I would suggest all of you to use these two plagiarism detection tools for assignments, reports or any other kind of work.